Here is a quick list of common drugs/medicine and their uses:
Aspirin = pain reliever (great for headaches)
Aleve = pain reliever
Ibuprofen = fever and pain reducer (mild to severe pains)
Tylenol = fever and pain reducer (minor to mild pains)
Robitussin = cough repressor
DayQuil = decongestant
NyQuil = decongestant that also helps you sleep
Pepto-Bismol = helps stomach aches
Benadryl = for allergies
Neosporin = to clean cuts (put on before a band-aid)
Benadryl cream = for bug bites and itches
Aloe = relieves sunburns
How to give CPR
- Place on hand on the center of the victim’s chest. Place the heel of your other hand on top of the first and interlock your fingers, but keep you fingers off the victim’s ribs.
- Give 30 chest compressions (lean down directly over victim’s chest and press your hands down, release pressure (but do not remove hands), and repeat).
- Tilt the head with one hand and lift the victim’s chin.
- Pinch the victim’s nose firmly (closing nostrils). Take a breath and seal your lips over the victim’s mouth. Blow steadily into the mouth until the chest rises (should take on second).
- Take your mouth away from the victim’s and watch their chest fall.
- Give two rescue breaths and then resume chest compressions.
- Repeat steps 1-6 until emergency help arrives or the victim starts to breathe normally.
How to help someone who is choking
- Stand behind victim with one leg back and the other between the victim’s legs.
- Put both arms around the upper part of their abdomen.
- Clench one hand into a fist and place the other hand on top.
- Thrust hands inward and upward until the object is dislodged or the victim becomes unconscious.
- If they become unconscious then look in their mouth and clear anything that has obviously been dislodged, then begin CPR.
Self defense is so so so important. Please take a self defense class.
What to do when a friend is going through a tough time
- Accept that you can’t fix every problem and it’s out of your control
- Let them know that you will be there for them
- They may want space and you need to respect that choice
- Listen without judging
- Don’t downplay the situation
- Don’t treat them differently
- If someone is in grief, let them grieve
Now go forth and be healthy.